Friday, December 7, 2007

Facebook is doomed to failure

Since I was an anthropologist in a former life (well, really I just got my undergrad degree in anthro), I thought I might pass along this story about how Facebook is doomed to failure.

It's a neat idea though: everything can be cool so long as 1) not everyone does it 2) you don't have to interact with people you don't like and 3) it's fun.

I must personally attest to the fact that I've become a Facebook-aholic. It's freaking ridiculous. I think part of the problem is that having moved away from school for the first time in years, I'm away from people my age most of the time. Older adults are kinda boring, and there aren't many 20-somethings to chill with who don't have kids/aren't in serious relationships/aren't on speed around here. So, silly Facebook addiction it is Monday through Friday.

But yes, I think Facebook is losing its appeal. There are only so many times you can play that stupid Pirates game or read someone's wall posts before you realize that you need to stop and get a hobby/move to a bigger town.

End rant.

No comments: