Friday, February 1, 2008

Five for Friday

I have been scouring the interwebs for literally minutes, and I've come up with five blog-worthy things to share with you. In no particular order:

First, my boy Krugman at the NYT writes about the effect John Edwards had on this campaign. Without Edwards, and I think everyone who writes for the blog hit on this in one way or another, the Democrats would not be talking about actual ideas and concrete policy initiatives. Instead, the nominee would John Kerry version 2.0. So, if you see him, thank John Edwards.

Second, Gene Upshaw is prepared for an NFL players strike if the owners decide to opt out of the current contract after the Super Bowl. Owners say they're broke, but Upshaw isn't buying what they're selling.

Third, we've all heard by now that Microsoft has made a bid to buy Yahoo!. The bid, however, is likely to go hostile. Here's some more on the could-be takeover. If there's a request, I'll post a blog soon explaining the mechanics of a hostile takeover. Question is, can Microsoft make my Yahoo! mail suck more? I'm betting on yes.

Fourth, in news from my hometown of Barre, Vermont, it looks like a property management company has taken a bunch of its tenants for a ride. Why is this news? Well, it's looking like I'm one of them (maybe, I must throw in the allegedly cause I don't know all the facts).

Fifth, and finally, in a sign that Hillary cannot, and should not, under any circumstances, be allowed to win the Democratic nomination, there's news that she's earned Ann Coulter's endorsement (and probably the endorsement of the Horsefaced Women's Alliance - HWA for those of you not in the know).

That's it. Have fun in Vegas, WTFers.

2 comments:

SayHey Kid said...

I think the new generation of Democratic leaders should take a lesson in Edwards 101. I appreciate his flow of fresh ideas, even if other candidates take them as their own

Why use Yahoo mail, GMail Baby, Gmail!!

I read about the Anne Coultier endorsement. Seems like she is taking sides in the "Hell vs Heaven" war. Thing is, we dont need nor want her endoresment or high praises. She is one person this world wont miss once the Republicans lose the Whitehouse

Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe said...

Oh, trust me, I have Gmail, but I've had a Yahoo! email account since I was 17. It is now 90% full of spam. It's not even useful anymore, but I can't get rid of it.