Friday, August 10, 2007

a damn dog shame...


Yeah, yeah, I know that I'm late to the game, but throw me a bone. I'm a dog. I shouldn't be expected to keep up on current events.

However, I want to comment about this crazy dogfighting situation that we have all heard about thanks to Atlanta Falcons player Michael Vick.

I mean, we know that what Michael was doing was awful. Everyone had something to say to the media: Neon Deon had something to say, as did Clinton Portis. Also, for your reading pleasure is this article on the history of the sport. And finally, just to show how cute and innocent these little pit bull puppies started out before the mean dogfighters corrupted them, check out this photo. Aren't they adorable?

However, Im sorry to tell this to the pundits at ESPN, but dogfighting isn't the only way that people injure dogs. And this isn't new or anything. Trust me. Humans are beating my kind when we are down, and have been for years. It sucks, and its wrong, and its why you should spay and neuter your pets, and always adopt a dog that needs a home vs breed yet another homeless dog who could end up abused or worse.

While I may have lucked out in the puppy lottery and ended up in Arlington County, VA, I was born in Peshawar, Pakistan (near the Pakistan/Afghanistan border). Luckily for me, a nice lady working in Pakistan happened upon me when I was a mere pup, took me in, and brought me back to the United States of America with her. Damn am I lucky to have landed here--my owners call me the luckiest dog in Pakistan. However, back to my story about being a dog in Pakistan.

Some of the dogs in Pakistan--or any Islamic country for that matter--would take being a dogfighter over being a dog in an Islamic land anytime. We aren't too popular with the Muslims--they think that we are "dirty" or something. Read this article to learn all about it.

These aren't the only cases of dog abuse around the world (and here in our own country). You can see a whole big, long, scary list of abuses against my kind online.

So, you see, while Michael Vick may be an asshole (and I would LOVE if someone would buy me one of these chewtoys), he is just representing his species: humankind. You people are always mean to our kind, and it just gets shoved under the rug until something like a famous mischevious NFL player's indictment brings it into the light.

So stop being assholes to dogs.

That is all.

1 comment:

20220 said...

YOU HAVE A PUPPY!!!!!!!