Thursday, August 16, 2007

My All Time Can Pound Your All Time

So CNNSI right now is having Peter King write his All-Time, All-Current, and All-Future NFL teams. You can gander at his list at CNNSI.com, though it is the usual Peter King stuff. Being inspired by that, and by yesterday's Preseason All American list that I put, I submit to you, my very own team.
I begin today with my All-Time team.

Offense
QB-Otto Graham.-What can you say to a man who was seven out of ten? The man was champion and the symbol of excellence long before Bret Hart was ever around.
RB-Walter Payton-The smoothest runner I have ever seen, he flowed like water and worked like a maniac
FB-Jim Brown-Yes, the Hall of Fame lists Jim Brown as a FB hence why I get Payton AND Brown
WR-Jerry Rice-Needs no explanation
WR-Fred Biletnikoff-I have always loved his style of play, that's why he gets the starting nod.
TE-Ozzie Newsome-All this reminiscing about Mackey, but this man and his back up revolutionized the position
OT-Anthony Munoz-Probably the best offensive lineman I have ever seen play the game
OT-Jackie Slater-Longevity, constant and consistent work, he won't make the mistake to cost the team, and he will always be there
OG-Bruce Matthews-Much like Slater, and he can play almost every position. Give him enough time, he could play QB if need be
OG-Gene Hickerson-Finally got his place in the HoF this year, the man was the one who opened holes for Jim Brown
C-Mike Webster-The anchor in the Steelers dynasty's offense

Bench
Joe Montana, Barry Sanders, Paul Warfield, Don Maynard, Kellen Winslow, Ron Yary, Joe DeLamielleure, John Hannah

Defense
DE-Howie Long-I'm sure some can argue for Reggie White, but Howie fits this demeanor so much better then Reggie
DT-Mean Joe Green-His nickname epitomizes this defense
DE-Deacon Jones-The greatest Defensive End of all time, no I won't hear your arguments Phily or Green Bay, this man dominated like no other
LB-Lawerence Taylor-I worry about putting Taylor here, I don't know if there is drug testing for this team
LB-Dick Butkus-The man should have been arrested for assault for what he did at the line backer position
LB-Mike Singletary-Butkus' illegitimate son spliced with a nuclear physicist, a intellectual's football player.
LB-Jack Lambert-Vampire's presence alone used to frighten opposing teams, not the biggest, but maybe the hardest working
CB-Deion Sanders-I think my corners are the only ones on this defense not known for hitting. So if the QB does somehow manage to throw the ball I need great cover
CB-Dick Night Train Lane-14 interceptions, 12 games, rookie year, and it only got better after that
S-Ronnie Lott-My personal favorite player of all time, and I can't be accused of bias with this selection either
S-Jack Tatum-The Assassin probably would be arrested today for assault, but would anyone throw over the middle? I think not

Bench-Reggie White, Randy White, Carl Eller, Ray Nitschke, Willie Lanier, Ray Lewis, Rod Woodson, Steve Atwater

Head Coach-Paul Brown
Offensive Coordinator-Bill Walsh
Defensive Coordinator-Buddy Ryan

So folks, thoughts?

No comments: