Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thank you sir may I have another!

I think this is my favorite article today...

British Airways, Korean Air Fined $300 Million in Price-Fixing Conspiracy Case

Now, part of you might say "Awesome, they caught em! justice will be served!

Yea, not so much...

If you read further into the article....

Korean Air's fines could have been twice as high and British Airways could have faced fines closer to $900 million, but the Justice Department credited the company with cooperating in the case.

Wait wait wait wait... So what you're telling me here, is that because they owned up to raping the folks that paid top dollar for the damn tickets, you are going to lower their fine to YOU, but not actually force them to reimburse the suckers that paid too much???

I'm amazed at how blatantly arrogant the "Guvmint" can be sometimes in going out of their way to assist companies in raping us all... All part of the greater good right?

2 comments:

Jack Gonzo, MD said...

It breaks my heart, those fines could have paid a month of occupation in Iraq at the very least!

SayHey Kid said...

Agreed. Hell, its a corporate war, might as well let corporations fund it