Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Worried about Fertility?


I somehow missed this golden nugget of info for my round-up, but our wonderful neighbors across the pond (no, not China, the "Other" pond) in England have discovered that having sex daily actually increases fertility in men.

In a contradiction of conventional wisdom on the subject, research has shown those who do not have sex often produce sperm of lower quality than those who do so daily.

This is thought to be because sperms DNA becomes more damaged the longer it remains in the body, cutting the chances of fertilisation and raising the risk of a miscarriage in the first weeks of pregnancy.

Really fascinating news, but at the same time it all kind of makes sense. I mean, the longer the lil fellas have to not go anywhere, the more chance they'd have of getting bored, hitting up the bars, or just doing something stupid, so it makes total sense to get rid of em as soon as possible right?

And yea, I have no idea what this pic was for originally, nor am I going to find out, I just felt like I had to use it.

No comments: