Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm mister white christmas... I'm mister SNOW!


Oh hell yes did I leave Vermont at a good time or what???
The National Weather Service said a foot of snow was possible in the mountains of northern New England, with the potential for 20 inches in northern Maine. Upstate New York's central Adirondacks and Lake George region could see 12 inches of snow.
Its just gone from bad to worse up there it seems, with 11 deaths already blamed on the storm... Looks like it definitely will be a White Christmas this year! Which will be nice for a change, as I haven't seen one in a while it seems.

Also playing this evening (and will be on the big screen at my place), is the BEST Christmas movie ever "The Year Without a Santa Claus", starring the aforementioned Mister Snow Miser and his brother Mister Heat Miser.

In case anyone is interested in some background on the "Mister Misers", you can find info on Snow Miser HERE, and his brother Heat Miser HERE.

You really shouldn't miss it...

5 comments:

Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe said...

My drive to work was awesome. Started with skidding down the hill near my house and finished with a nice climb up the huge slick hill where my office is located. By the time I got to work this morning, I was sweating from being all tense. Awesome.

Dews said...

Thats dedication man, I hear the schools finally closed? I don't remember getting any days off for snow....

bastards...

SayHey Kid said...

My school closed down even if snow was a blip on the radar. Gotta love the Southern Virginia Peninsula!

Also, Xmas shows degrade my religious self worth. When the hell are we gonna have some Jewish progragming....Other than the Hebrew Hammer, which is still a damn funny movie.

Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe said...

You know me, dedicated.

Yeah, the schools around were closed long before I even woke up this morning. Apparently Mommy and Daddy's precious little ones shouldn't be subjected to some adrenaline pumping goodness like we grew up with. I remember a time when my school bus actually flipped onto its side because we had to go to school on a shitty day. That was awesome. Nothing like seeing the ground rush up at you and realize there's really nothing you can do about it.

Dews said...

yea, I can remember those days.

Get stuck on the side of some long-ass dirt road, only to have a tractor come, dig you out, add some chains to the tires and say "Carry on!".

Insane man...