Friday, April 18, 2008

Epic Fail for SayHey....

(Pictured is AJ Pierzynski, a catcher that is worth more then the likes of Joe Nathan, Francisco Liriano, and Boof Bonsor COMBINED, in case you were curious...)

As a backdrop, last Friday evening your members of the LSWTF staff were celebrating at a local bar (celebrating Jack Gonzo's last night as a "single" man). While at said bar, the topic of Baseball happened to miraculously spring forth between the likes of SayHey and yours truly...

(I know, what are the odds?).

Being a die-hard Orioles fan (and thusly praying for Peter Angelos to have a heart-attack any day now), I started riding SayHey on how much better my Orioles were to his beloved San Francisco Giants (you know, the one Barry Bonds used to play for? I think they used to have signs like EVERYWHERE to remind us all just how great he was, but apparently once he wasn't re-signed and thus creating revenue by attracting fans to the game, he stopped being great in the eyes of the Giants management... VERY Classy!!!).

Well, long story short, I decided to make a bet with SayHey...

We argued about the O's newest arrivals (Luke Scott is a MACHINE, by the way and has NOT lied on his birth certificate!), and I brought up how effective George Sherill has been as a closer for the O's, had saved 4 games at that point.

I was told flat out that that was not the case...

Dews: "What do you mean? He has at least 3 saves!"

SayHey: "No he doesn't man, he has like 2 losses!"

Dews: (Obviously a little incredulous at this point) "What??? No no, you're thinking of Sarfate I think... I tell you what, I will bet you that Sherill has AT LEAST 3 saves right now"

SayHey: "hahaha, ok fine! What do I win then if I"m right?"

Dews: (knowing we are both in a very competitive "keeper" Fantasy Baseball League) "I tell you what, I will GIVE you Delmon Young if I am wrong"

SayHey: "Ok then, so what do you win if I'm wrong?"

Dews: (Almost feeling sorry for knowing he has a sure thing in the bag, decides to make it less painful....) "Tell you what, you have to list the Orioles as the Number One team on your next Power Rankings if you are wrong"

SayHey: "You're On!!!"

Well ladies and gentlemen, here are George Sherill's stats as of that evening (each outing is posted).

Last 6 Games (Season Game Log) Season to Date
Date Opponent Score Dec IP H R ER HR BB K
W L SV IP ERA
Apr 14 TOR W 4-3 SV 1.0 2 2 2 1 0 1
0 0 6 5.2 3.18
Apr 12 @ TAM W 3-2 SV 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 1
0 0 5 4.2 0.00
Apr 7 SEA W 5-4 SV 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 4 3.2 0.00
Apr 5 SEA W 6-4 SV 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 3 2.2 0.00
Apr 4 SEA W 7-4 SV 0.2 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 2 1.2 0.00
Apr 2 TAM W 9-6 SV 1.0 0 0 0 0 2 2
0 0 1 1.0 0.00
Total
5.2 2 2 2 1 2 4
0 0 6 0 3.18

This bet was made the evening of the 11th, so Sherrill had 4 saves at that time (on his way to his 5th the following evening).

I think I speak for everyone here, when I say, I am VERY disappointed in how this was not followed through with. I would easily have given up Delmon Young as part of my half (as is the proper thing to do), so I feel that SayHey should at the very least explain why it is that he found it not prudent to follow through with this bet....

For shame SayHey.... For shame....

That is all...

9 comments:

Jack Gonzo, MD said...

Ah...posting this as he is on the road, not here to defend himself. Then again, what's there to defend?

Dews said...

yea, I knew he was on the road, but I figured he wasn't leaving until this evening....

damnit... I did want him to be able to respond, but guess he'll see it when he gets back! :)

I did feel "kinda" bad enlisting OlneyGirl to harass him about the Skins/49ers game in December a few days ago, so this week prolly can't end soon enough for SayHey :)

SayHey Kid said...

Dews- Get over yourself

I was ready to resort to you assfuck methods of calling me out, but decided not to since i would have said some regretful things.

Needless to say, the Orioles are not Gods, no matter how great you may think they are 3 weeks into the season. At least I have accepted the fact SF will retain last place for the next few seasons.

Rosanne said...

kiss & makeup boys... we need a sceneit rematch.

SayHey Kid said...

Turns out the Hackett wasn’t buried as I originally thought. A birdie tells me that things are not cool, in fact, the situation is still quite laughable at the SayHey Kid’s expense. All while I was 500 miles away with little computer access and no means of defending myself. Well played Dews, well played. Classless and deceptive be your motto.

Dews said...

I really have no idea what you mean, but besides just some ribbing about a bet, that was really my only intent here...

Thats all I have to say

SayHey Kid said...

I got a text late last night that this skiff was quite a fun topic of discussion sometime after our "lets just drop it" chat Friday morning.

Typically when I drop a subject, I drop it. Not continue to humorize it afterwards. This isnt politics and my name isnt McCain.

Jack Gonzo, MD said...

I think I speak for everyone not involved when I say, hug it out bitches

SayHey Kid said...

When credibility is on the line its difficult. Especially when I thought this was resolved twice already.

I am not the bad guy here. I am shown as an "epic failure" due to a drunken bet I lost. We did "hug it out" Friday morning only for me to find out Dews backstabbed me (Again) that very night.

This is moronic and an "epic failure" of my time and stress management. To me this is a dead topic, but to others, a continous mockery of my character.