Tuesday, August 21, 2007

There's No Time Like Today


As we continue on this week, I give to you my Current MLB Dream Team. Now this was harder to do then the NFL as there are some folks I think are on the cusp of greatness, while some of the players who actually made it on this list are in the twilight of their careers.

The toughest position was Catcher, it took me a while to actually remember Mauer to which my co-worker responded with, "What do you expect, he's on the Twins." which I suppose is quite true. I was actually shocked by the amount of Phillies who made this list, and two O's making it. Next week will be Futureshock list, which should prove to be quite interesting. As always I included a batting order, though this one was damn hard to do.

I do think it is obvious that the lack of A's on this list explains why we are down this year as we build with our youth and load up for next year.

C-Joe Mauer (Twins)
1B-Albert Puljos (Cards)
2B-Chase Utley (Phillies)
3B-Alex Rodriguez (Yankees)
SS-Jose Reyes (Mets)
LF-Manny Ramirez (Red Sox)
CF-Ichiro Suzuki (Mariners)
RF-Vladamir Guerrero (Angels)
DH-David Ortiz (Red Sox)

Bench-Brian McCann (Braves), Ryan Howard (Phillies), Brian Roberts (Orioles), David Wright (Mets), Jimmy Rollins (Phillies), Alfonso Soriano (Cubs), Grady Sizemore (Indians), Magglio Ordonez (Tigers)

SP-Brandon Webb (Diamondbacks)
SP-Johan Santana (Twins)
SP-Erik Bedard (Orioles)
SP-Dan Haren (A's)
SP-Cole Hamels (Phillies)
RP-JJ Putz (Mariners)

Batting Order
1-Ichiro Suzuki
2-Jose Reyes
3-Alex Rodriguez
4-Albert Puljos
5-Vladamir Guerrero
6-David Ortiz
7-Joe Mauer
8-Manny Ramirez
9-Chase Utley

No comments: