Thursday, September 6, 2007

Craigslist, not safe for your average wfmmmmmm encounter anymore.


Well, I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

Yes, the pigs have discovered Craigslist is great at entrapment!
In July raids, the sheriff of Cook County, Ill., rounded up 43 women working on the streets — and 60 who advertised on Craigslist. In Seattle, a covert police ad on Craigslist in November resulted in the arrests of 71 men, including a bank officer, a construction worker and a surgeon.
This just ain't right on so many levels. Not just the entrapment aspect, but damnit, if people wanna go online and use these types of services, isn't it a lot safer that way then sending them to the "bad part of town" to solicit for themselves, or by themselves?

I guess I just don't see the big problem with prostitution anyway though. Its just like the war on vice, er drugs... People want certain things and will go out of their way (ie break laws) to fill those needs. Besides the moral argument against that type of behavior (which gets nowhere with an avowed Libertarian like myself), what is the rationale?

I'm always open to changing my views... Anyone that knows me is probably getting a good chuckle from that one :).

No comments: