Friday, October 19, 2007

Great Sports Quotes

Found this via CnnSi.com, the 35 Dumbest Sports Quotes Ever. I have to say, some of them are grand, and perhaps Tim McCarver should have more quotes since everything out of his mouth is toxic. Here though are a few of my favorites.

32. "The only thing that keeps this organization from being recognized as one of the finest in baseball is wins and losses at the major league level." – Devil Rays GM Chuck Lamar.
Ah, if things were only that simple Chuck. The Buccs are a better baseball organization then you are.

25. "Every time that I have ever tried to help a woman out, I have been incarcerated." – Jose Canseco.
Not every time, you weren't arrested when you assaulted Giants' pitchers in 89 (of course I had to go there SayHey)


20. “I’m a !@%&ing soldier!”
– Kellen Winslow.
Hoorah SGT Winslow

11. "This team is one execution away from being a very good basketball team." – Doc Rivers.
I wonder if he was talking about Vin Baker or Ricky Davis

9. "All I'm asking for is what I want." – Rickey Henderson
And you should get it in spades Rickey, in spades